Keller Mortgage loan at the glance
- Conventional loans
- FHA loans Yes
- VA loans:
- Refinancing: Yes
- Jumbo loans: Yes
- Adjustable rates Unclear
- Fixed Rates:Unclear
Keller Mortgage was established as an online lender and an offshoot from Keller Williams. It specializes in various home loans. It lends in all 50 US states and Washington, D.C.
- A wide range of home loans available
- Preapproval online with attractive offers via the Offer Ready program
- Lock and Shop allows you to lock your rate for up 120 days
- The terms and rates of loans, as well as the fees involved are not clear.
- The process is not entirely online
Five things you need to know about a Keller Mortgage Loan
Before applying for a Keller Mortgage home loan, here are some things you should consider.
1. There are many home loan options available
Keller Mortgage offers many mortgage options including conventional loans, FHA loans as well as USDA loans, FHA loans, USDA loans and VA loans. These loans are available to anyone in the country because it is licensed in all 50 states as well as the District of Columbia.
Keller Mortgage offers a variety of mortgage refinance options, including cash out refinances. A home loan minimum is $65,000
2. Long rate lock potential
Keller offers a Lock and Shop Program, which allows you to lock in your mortgage rate up to 120 days while you are shopping for your dream home. This is longer than most mortgage lenders offer. Many lenders offer a 30-to-90-day lock on the mortgage rate.
If home loan rates are rising, it can be a great stress reliever. Keller allows you to reset your rate to the current market rate within 60-days of closing, if the market rate falls below your original.
3. The homebuying process doesn’t have to be done entirely online
Keller Mortgage’s online application is now open. However, you will need to meet with a mortgage officer in order to complete your homebuying journey with Keller Mortgage. This is a good option for those who prefer a more hands-on experience. It’s not ideal for those who prefer digital-only lending.
After you have found the perfect home, you will usually work with a realtor to make an offer.
4. Preapproval Program Competitive
Keller Mortgage is known for its preapproval process. The Offer Ready program offers an underwritten preapproval certificate that can help you stand out in a highly competitive housing market. Keller states that an underwriter will review your completed application within 24 hours after receiving all financial documentation.
5. Transparency is lacking
Keller Mortgage’s website doesn’t give all the details about mortgages. You will need to speak with an agent if you require more information about mortgage rates, terms, or refinance options.
You may still need to give personal information such as your contact information to obtain the information you require.
For whom is a Keller Mortgage loan suitable?
Keller Mortgage might be the right choice if you are looking to purchase a home or refinance a loan. The preapproval option and lock on the mortgage rate help to streamline the process and reduce stress.
Keller Mortgage offers low down payments, which is a plus if you are a first-time homeowner.
For conventional loans, the down payment amount is as low as 3.5% and for FHA loans it’s as low as 3%. You may be eligible for a VA loan or USDA loan. This means that you can get a loan to purchase a home without having to put down any money.
In most cases, Jumbo loans require 20% down payment. However, some individuals may be eligible to receive a lower amount.
How to Apply for a Keller Mortgage Mortgage
Keller Mortgage makes it easy to apply for a loan or refinance your home.
- To qualify for a loan on a home, you will need credit scores of at least 602.
- There are several steps to complete the loan application process. These include creating an account, choosing the type of loan that you would like, and then closing the account.
- Prepare your financial documents such as bank statements and pay stubs. Once you have submitted your application, a loan officer will reach out to you to discuss your options.
Are you unsure if Keller Mortgage is right to help? These are some alternatives.
No matter if your application was denied, or if you are looking for home loan lenders elsewhere, keep in mind that you only have a short time frame where multiple inquiries about hard credit will count as one. Most cases will take around 14 days. However, some scoring models allow you to extend your time by a few weeks.
Here are some options for lenders to keep in mind.
- SOFI: SOFI may be worth looking at for a home, as it has a longer mortgage rate lock.
- Better mortgage This online lender has an easy application process and no origination fee.