Editors’ Take:Kemper autoinsurance could be a good choice for customers who are having trouble finding insurance options. For those who are legally able to drive, the insurance company may be a last-resort option. It can be costly, so it is not a good choice for those with good driving records.
Kemper auto coverage at a glance
|Available in 34 States|
J.D. Power customer satisfaction ratings
|Below the average|
How do I get an insurance quote
|Online in certain states, or by phone|
How do I submit a claim
|Online or by phone|
- DriverClub offers free roadside assistance
- SR-22 coverage
- Mobile app
- Score of low satisfaction with claims
- In some states, not available
What you should know about Kemper’s auto insurance
Kemper, headquartered in Chicago, is the home of several subsidiaries including Kemper Auto and Kemper Personal Insurance. Kemper also has Kemper Health, Kemper Life, Infinity Auto, and Kemper Life. The company offers auto insurance to drivers who are high-risk, or have had trouble getting or maintaining coverage.
Kemper has policy options like SR-22 coverage for drivers whose licenses have been revoked, suspended or canceled. An SR-22 certificate proves that you have the required car insurance to comply state law.
If you are convicted of any offenses such as DUI, reckless driving, failing to have insurance, failure to pay for damages due to an at-fault incident, or underage drinking, an SR-22 form may be required.
Kemper’s mobile app is available for Android and iPhone. It allows you to manage your auto policy. The app allows you to make payments, show ID cards, locate repair shops, and submit information about claims.
Take note, however: Ratings for the app are very low on the Apple App Store and Google Play store.
Low customer satisfaction
Kemper was the J.D.’s lowest-rated auto insurance company. The Power 2021 U.S. Auto Claims Satisfaction Survey.
Kemper offers auto coverage
Kemper offers specialized auto insurance to drivers who might have difficulty getting coverage. You can choose from a variety of policy options, including SR-22 coverage for drivers whose licenses were revoked, suspended, or cancelled.
Nonstandard car insurance, also known as specialized insurance, is for those with less-than-stellar driving records. Nonstandard insurance can be more costly than standard car insurance, and offer fewer coverage options.
Kemper auto insurance may not be available in every state. You’ll need to speak with a local agent about your options. These are the coverage options Kemper offers.
- Roadside assistance — This 24 hour service includes towing and jump-starts, fuel delivery, lockout services, and tire changes. This benefit is free for members of Kemper’s DriverClub program.
- Kemper Total — This coverage option covers the cost of repairing or replacing a vehicle that is totaled.
- Coverage for auto loan/lease — Also known as gap insurance.
Full coverage for reconditioned vehicles
Kemper offers a Kemper Prime Auto Enhanced package, which includes additional coverages such as trip interruption coverage, decreasing deductible, personal protection, key replacement, accident forgiveness, and a waiver of deductible when an insured vehicle is parked.
Discounts on Auto Insurance offered by Kemper
Kemper offers many discount options. Ask your local agent about the discounts that might be available to you.
- Discount for requesting an advance quote — If you get a quote and decide to begin your coverage before the quoted date, you may be eligible.
- Pre-existing insurance discounts must be proven
- Discount for paid-in-full
- Multi-car discount
- Defensive driving course discount
- Good student discount
- Discount for military
- Homeowner discount
FAQs concerning Kemper auto insurance
Is Kemper the Same as Infinity Insurance?
Infinity Property and Casualty were acquired by Kemper in 2018.
How can I file a claim for Kemper?
Online or by phone, you can file a claim for auto or glass insurance. You will need the name and policy number of the policyholder, along with a description of the accident, injuries and damages, and the date and hour of the incident to file a claim.
Are you unsure if Kemper’s auto insurance is right to you? These are some alternatives.
- SafeAuto : This insurance company offers auto insurance for high-risk drivers.
- Good2Go HTML2Go offers non-standard coverage and a discount when you use its safe-driving application.