Editors’ take: Foremost Auto Insurance could be the right choice for those who want to insure multiple vehicles. Foremost, a part of Farmers Insurance Group insures motorcycles, RVs, golf cars, ATVs and Scooters. Bristol West, Foremost’s partner insurer, can also provide FR-44 or SR-22 forms to high-risk drivers. You may wish to look elsewhere if you are looking for an app that is robust or a quote system online.
The most important auto insurance
|All 50 States and Washington, D.C.|
J.D. Power customer satisfaction ratings
How to obtain an insurance quote
|Contacting an agent via phone or person|
Submitting a claim
|You can reach us online or by calling our 24-hour Hotline|
The Pros and Cons of Using Pros
- Discounts on multi-policy policies are available from partners
- Insurance for vintage vehicles, motorcycles and commercial vehicles are available.
- SR-22 and FR-44 are available.
You can also find out more about Cons
- No online quoting process
- Apps that are not up to standard
Foremost Auto Insurance: What You Need to Know
Foremost began in 1952 by offering insurance for mobile homes. Over the years, it expanded to include a variety of vehicles. Today, Foremost is a part of Farmers Insurance Group. It says its main focus is on selling insurance products that aren’t available anywhere else.
Covers a wide range of vehicle types
Foremost provides specialized insurance policies for ATVs and golf carts as well as motorcycles. Also, it offers insurance for commercial vehicles such as trucks and vans. It can show you the best policy for your vehicle, regardless of whether you are a hobbyist or small business owner.
Can provide SR-22 certificate
Foremost and Bristol West partner to offer coverage for customers who have infractions against their driving record. Bristol West issues an FR-44 or SR-22 to those customers that are legally required to obtain this certificate. Insurance companies tend to view customers who require an SR-22 as high-risk drivers, and some may be unwilling to deal with them. If you are looking for an insurer that can provide these documents, Foremost could be the right choice.
Quotes are not available online
To get a quote for auto insurance, Foremost will require you to speak to an agent. It’s not possible to get a quote on their website automatically, like many competitors do. This can make comparison shopping difficult.
Foremost offers auto coverage
Foremost provides standard coverage as well as a few options that are not widely available.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists — This protects you in case you get in an accident where an uninsured or underinsured driver is responsible.
- Rental Reimbursement — Coverage of the costs of renting a vehicle for a specified number of days following a claim.
- Roadside assistance and towing — Foremost pays for roadside help up to the limit of your insurance policy.
- Property damage and bodily injury — This coverage helps pay for your legal responsibility if you are found to be responsible for an incident.
- Medical Payments — Coverage for medical expenses if injured in an accident.
- Lease/Loan — When you finance your vehicle and the car is destroyed or stolen, the insurance will cover any gap.
- Replacement of new vehicle — In the event that a brand-new car is damaged, you can use this insurance to purchase a similar car.
- Decreased deductible — You can lower your annual deductible by avoiding comprehensive and collision claims.
Foremost Offers Auto Insurance Discounts
Foremost’s website only lists a handful of auto insurance discounts. We couldn’t find any mention of discounts offered by competitors, like discounts for good students, discounts on safety equipment or discounts to avoid accidents.
Foremost’s website offers a number of discounts.
- Discount for electronic documents and bills — Save on premiums if you choose to get your invoices by email.
- Discount for Multi-Cars — You may be able to get a lower premium if you purchase coverage for multiple cars.
- Multipolicy Discount — If you purchase other policies from Farmers Group, such as homeowners or life insurances, then you may be eligible for discounts.
Discounts may vary depending on where you live and who underwrites the policy. To get the most complete information on possible discounts, you’ll have to speak to a representative.
Does Foremost have a legitimate insurance company?
Foremost Insurance is an actual insurance company. It’s a part of the Farmers Group of Insurers. The company has been around since 1952 and is licensed to operate in every state and Washington, D.C.
Is Foremost good for high-risk drivers?
Bristol West is prepared to offer insurance for drivers who have a checkered history. Foremost can be an excellent choice for drivers at high risk. Bristol West provides SR-22 and FR44 certificates to drivers with a DUI, uninsured accident, or serious traffic violations.
Are you unsure if Foremost Auto Insurance is the right choice for you? These alternatives are worth considering.
- Root : If you are confident that you drive well and you want an insurance quote based on telematics, this company may be the best option for you.
- Allstate : This insurance company might be a better choice if you are looking to get rewarded for driving safely.