- You can get loans as low as $500
- You can return your loan money in 15 days without any charge
- Online application and fast loan decisions
- There are no upfront fees or APR details
- Prequalification is not an option
- Maximum loan amount:
The essential information you need about a personal loan from Pioneer Military Credit
Pioneer Military Credit (formerly Pioneer Military Loans and Pioneer Services) is an online lender that serves people serving in the U.S. Armed Forces. In the mid-1980s, the company started offering personal loans. However, it was briefly closed in 2019. The company was subsequently reopened by new owners.
Pioneer Personal Loans have Fixed Rates and are ideal for paying bills, buying gear for deployment, covering moving expenses, or managing financial emergencies.
Short-term, relatively small-dollar loans
Personal loans from Pioneer Military Credit range in amount from $500 to $10,000. Personal loan lenders often require that you borrow between $2,000 and $3,000, but they can also limit your loan amount to $50,000 or $100,000.
Pioneer Military Credit offers personal loans with terms ranging from six months to 36. Personal loan lenders often offer terms that are as short as one year, but as long and lengthy as seven years.
No cost cancellation within 15 days
Pioneer Military Credit offers a 15-day cancellation policy if you aren’t sure you will need the money. You can cancel your loan at any time, and you will not be charged fees.
Only available to U.S. military personnel on active duty
Pioneer Military Credit will only approve personal loans to active military personnel. All branches are covered.
- U.S. Army
- U.S. Navy
- U.S. Marine Corps
- U.S. Air Force
- U.S. Coast Guard
If they are called to active duty, National Guard and Reservist members can apply for loans. Pioneer Military Credit claims it will extend loans to military personnel who are retired in the future, but currently does not.
Take a closer look at the personal loan from Pioneer Military Credit
- Very little information about loan terms — Pioneer offers very few details about its personal loans. It doesn’t specify the APR range or disclose the fees. It doesn’t even provide information about the credit score required to be eligible.
- Quick loan application – Pioneer claims that its online loan application is quick and easy to fill out. Depending on the documentation required, you may receive approval in minutes or even within the same day.
- Quick funding After you have been approved for a loan you could receive your money the next day. Pioneer guarantees funding in 24 hours, which does not include weekends and holidays.
- There are no prepayment penalties. Your Pioneer loan can be paid off at any time without penalty. Online, you can access a payment amount.
What is a Pioneer Military Credit Loan good for?
Pioneer Military Credit personal loans may be an option for active-duty military personnel who require a short-term, small-sized loan to meet an immediate financial need. The personal loan industry allows you to borrow as low as $500. A loan term of as little as six months is also possible.
Pioneer doesn’t disclose any potential APR ranges and fees on its website. There is also no prequalification option. This means that you won’t be able to compare the cost of the loan or know the range until you submit a loan application.
You should carefully read and review all terms and conditions before you make a decision.
How to Apply for Pioneer Military Credit
Online application for a Pioneer Military Credit personal Loan is possible through the company’s site. You will first need to determine if you are eligible. To be eligible for a loan, you must be an active-duty member of the military in any branch or rank.
Next, you will fill out a short application that includes your contact information, social security number, military status, and where you are stationed. Pioneer suggests that you have information about your income, pay grade and bank details ready to go when applying for a loan. This will make the process quicker.
Fixed interest rates are available on Pioneer personal loans. This means that your monthly payment will remain the same throughout the loan term. The payment can be taken from your account automatically or deducted from your pay (military allotment). You can also mail your payments.
Are you unsure if Pioneer Military Credit is right to meet your needs? These are some alternatives.
- SoFi : SoFi may be a good option for larger loans. Sofi provides personal loans up to $100,000 with an upfront average APR and does not charge fees.
- USAA Servicemembers, veterans, and their families may apply for personal loans through USAA, a financial service company that is dedicated to military personnel. USAA personal loans are available from $2,500 to $100,000 and have loan terms of 12 – 84 months.